Re: alignment

To: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: Re: alignment
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 10:51:26 -0700
Larry Paulick wrote:

> Tom, the CAT springs I purchased, were from 20 years ago, so you should
> have a newer set than mine.
>
> If yours are low, after installation, add a rubber insolator/spacer to
> the bottom to bring it up.  Also remember, that with the driver in the
> car, the height of the car changes, as well as the alignment.  You
> should realign your front end, and if you don't do it yourself, try to
> sit in the car when they do it.  You will then have a car that meets
> spec in real driving conditions, not parked in the driveway.
>
> Larry

Larry's wise comments are correct, but most of the people I see are riding
too high, when you can put a large fist between the tire and the fender
lip and move it up and down. It's too high.  Some, actually, forget that
there is supposed to be a rubber isolator bushing in the TOP spring perch,
which may be very collapsed, or missing.  Sunbeam Specialties and Classic
Sunbeam have new ones.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp

                            _/
                     _/_/_/