inquiry 092100b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 092100b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:01:28 -0500
        Well, that eBay fire extinguisher went for, what, $587??? Wow, over
double what I was thinking; OTOH, when will we see one again? I think there
are some nice chrome, or polished aluminum, extinguishers in Jeg's for $75
or so. For the difference, perhaps I can locate some self-adhesive chrome
foil that will run through a laser printer, and I can make up my own Rootes
decal...

        I didn't see any mention here or on the TE/AE site, so let me say --
the Chesapeake Region crab feast was really enjoyable. Tom Calvert needs to
be Officer In Charge of Weather for all future Sunbeam events. It was, hmmm,
72 degrees and I think I might have seen one cloud on the horizon on the way
home. I don't know about the crabs, I didn't eat any ( I put Old Bay
seasoning on my hotdogs and hamburgers instead), but they smelled great. 12
cars there, good mix of Tigers & Alpines and varying conditions. Chuck
Colley got pictures of everything except me going to the Jiffy John, when
are ya going to put them up on the TE/AE site (I checked 09/20/00
afternoon)?

        On the way to/from the feast, I noticed a vibration;
speed-sensitive. I had the tires rebalanced the day before, so I'll
tentatively say that's not the problem. It starts at 60mph or so. Other than
getting the driveshaft balanced, what else might cause a vibration related
to speed (I don't feel it much through the steering wheel, if at all)?
Didn't stop me from cruisin' with a Porsche 944S on the way home, speeds up
to 85, unusual for me. A minivan full of teenaged girls when by, one leaned
out the window and yelled "I really love your car"; uh, that ain't likely to
ever happen in the Miata.

        Like everybody else, I got Mark's political post. Uh, not much tie
in to Tigers, unless the Dems plan to implement a social program to
redistribute our Sunbeams to low-income handicapped retired minorities for
whom English is a second language. But then, I am prepared for a wee bit o'
topic drift, and for most folks, that means politics, religion, or
football/golf (I find football & golf _boring_ yet every conversation with
_anybody_ comes around to one or the other eventually, and I have to put up
w/it). But I got to read it FOUR TIMES due to it being reposted (I'm on the
Digest). Anyhow, it's starting to look like a "done deal", the outcome on
11/2/00 seems obvious. Starting to feel like 1348 all over again.

Lawrence R. Wright, Purchasing Analyst
"Nose gone, grindstone still here"
U S Office Products, Mid-Atlantic District
Formerly Andrews Office Products
larry.wright@usop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333