RHD Signalling

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RHD Signalling
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:02:39 -0700
Steve Laifman (Dad) wrote :" Never knew which arm to use or in what
direction, as
the "book" said "left hand down for stop", left hand pointed straight
out for left turns, and bent up for right turns.  Being that the right
hand is inside the car, now one would know what it meant, or why the
"passenger" was waving his hand about, and where the h-ll was the
driver?? "

I must have missed the original post.  This is really funny and, clearly I
must have inherited this problem from my dad.  True story:  Two days ago, I
got my first chance to drive a RHD car (an MG TC no less).  There I was
tooling down the road, with my elderly lady owner in the passenger seat,
getting ready to make a left hand turn.  Figuring I had to be extra
cautious with her little car and do everything I could to alert other
drivers, out of instinct I shot out my left arm to signal my turn!  Nearly
knocked her out of the car!

Jay