Re: Looking To Get Covered

To: rootes@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Looking To Get Covered
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 00:01:52 EDT
Steve

I agree get the right tools and changing the plugs takes
about 1 1/2 hours.  I use a 3/8 ratchet, spark plug socket,
and combinations of 3 extensions, 1 1/2 in, 3in, and 6 in
all available from Sears.  The 1 1/2 extension is worth its
weight in gold, allowing just the right length to make
the wrench and socket fit.  The worst plug for me is #6.
The rest are a snap.  1 1/2 hours for all 8 plugs.  I'm
using original LAT headers that may make it easier.

The LAT valve covers bolts are hard to reach in back.  That's
why I switched to round bolts that require a hex allen
wrench. Stick the bolt onto the allen wrench and then
into the valve cover.  Tighten until snug.  If you want
a bit more, use a small adjustable wrench on the
allen wrench.

Dave Johnson, B382002668 (in need of a front clip) Aurora, IL