Re: brake servo piston

To: "Rose, Mark G" <mrose@ou.edu>
Subject: Re: brake servo piston
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:41:20 -0800
"Rose, Mark G" wrote:

> Listers-
>
> I opened up my original servo unit to rebuild it and found out the rubber
> seal attached to the piston was bad. I'm wondering how to find a new seal or
> piston to go back in it. All suggestions appreciated.
>
> Mark
>
> Mark Rose

Mark,

You did not specify which servo you had, but if it is the Girling 7" or 8" with
the flat plate on the end, it is the original.  Rebuild kits are available at
Sunbeam Specialties, but this is NOT an easy rebuild, as the supplied Piston
seal is larger than required and must be trimmed to fit.  The seals for the
hydraulics are not easy to install as dis-assembly and reassemble is tricky
without experience.

Any damage to the bores of the Vacuum can, or the hydraulic cylinders must be
repaired, as well as a surface finish operation.

Sunbeam Specialties,  Classic Sunbeam, and two servo rebuilders and installers
of brass and stainless bore liners are all listed on the "Links" page of
http://www.TigersUnited.com.

Most of the Brake Section of the Workshop Manual are also on the web site.
Hopefully the missing pages will be completed soon, but the ones on the Servo
unit are there.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp

                            _/
                     _/_/_/