Re: seat belt installation

To: James Pickard <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: seat belt installation
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:27:30 -0800
Jim,

While mine are not "retractable", but are three-point from Moss, they
are pretty simple.  They eye hooks go on the floor, behind the seats, in
the pre-threaded holes.  The only "trick" is finding the pre-threaded
hole for the shoulder harness.  It is on the inner well of the rear
fender, under the upholstery.  You can find the re-inforced nut under
the tire side of the well, and feel the plastic plug bolt under the
upholstery on the inside.

An Exacto Knife X cut will allow the filler bolt to be removed, and the
attach hardware provided with the belts to be installed.

Let me know how the retractables work out.  I have found that some do
not have good locking on sudden belt movement, and some do not have any
lap tension, but are loose everywhere unless latched by deceleration.  I
enjoy the lateral support of a tight lap section.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp

                            _/
                     _/_/_/