Re: Lower Pulley Source

To: Jim Morrison <jpmorrison@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Lower Pulley Source
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 16:41:23 -0500
Jim, I put a 1990 5.0 L in my Tiger, and used a billet alum pulley from
a 460 Ford truck engine, with zero offset.  I then adjusted the 1 wire
GM alternator, and water pump hub, with the std pulley attached, to
align with the crank pulley.  The treads were regular treads.

If you need the part number and tele no. for the manufacturer, let me
know.  Costs about $65.  There is .002" difference in alignment of the
three pulleys.  Takes a little patience, but not hard work.

With the different length/dimensions of the harmonic balancer in the
later 5.0 L, and the use of the above pulley, there is no interference
problem with the R&P.

BTW, if you use the 1 wire GM alternator, you can use a Ford alternator
bracket, that looks like a triangle. Very common.  I used a soft mallet
to adjust the bracket to align the alternator.  Sounds a little crude,
but it worked out fine, and the bracket holds the alternator very
solidly.  There is also a lot of room on the fender area.

Larry