Re: Europe Trip

To: rgibbs@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Europe Trip
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 17:04:21 -0500
PS. When the police came to the accident, the police asked several
times, as he did the report, if I was injured.  He said that we would go
through a different report if I was injured, and there was an
implication, that I would go to the hospital to check it out.  I signed
the report in German, after he read it to me in English.

They take product liability and false claims seriously in Germany as well.

Another good lesson for the US.

BTW, the traffic backup was over 10 miles, with my accident adding to
the traffic due to construction.   And get this, the whole time in
Germany I never heard a single horn beep.  Not once, and we were in
major cities.  Also no international signals from other drivers.

They just hunker down and drive.

Larry