Seat belts - again

Subject: Seat belts - again
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 21:48:48 -0600
OK, I give up.  I bought a set of Inertia Reel Seatbelts from Moss Motors
(belt with stalk, no B post mount, 222-025 on pg. 24 of their 10/2/00
catalog).  This is suppose to fit the MGB, and I thought the Tiger as well.  I
can't see how to make this work.  I found the hole for the reel on the rear
wheel well, but I have a Mk I with panels, and this mount will interfere with
raising and lowering the top.  I can attach the other end of the belt to one
of the bolts on the handbrake mount, but I can't find any place to attach the
stalk on the center side of the seat.  I'm told there is a hole on the tunnel,
but I can't find one.  There isn't much room between the seat and console to
mount anything.

Mine came with lap belts attached to eye bolts mounted through the holes in
the corners behind the seats.  The problem with this set-up (in addition to it
being only a lap belt), is they really don't fit very well with the seat most
of the way back.

So, I'm open to suggestions.  Do I have the wrong belts from Moss?  Is there a
better set-up out there?  Budget isn't a problem, I just want it to look and
work right.

Thanks.

Jim Pickard
B9473298