144s and paint

To: mbouchel@juno.com
Subject: 144s and paint
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:11:00 -0500
Let me get the Volvo question out of the way first, if it hasn't already
been answered.

The Volvo 140 series (142,144, 145) were the first 'square' Volvos, and
they were sold here and they were fairly ubiquitous. They were first
offered late 1966 concurrently with the rounded Volvo
122 (Amazon) series and the 122 was dropped in 1968 here in the U.S and
around 1970 worldwide. The last of the 140-like cars were sold as the
Volvo DL, and they were superseded by the 850 fwd five cylinder cars .

TBON does mention the paint color of Tiger wheels on page 154,155, and
156.

Norm says the Mark II wheel is painted silver front and back, but the
first series, Mark I and Mark
IA are sprayed gray/white on the front and black on the back.

My stock wheels are indeed white with a hint of gray for the front
(outward facing part) and black on the other side and I have a Mark IA.

I would check with Sunbeam Specialties to see if they have any leads on
getting the correct color. When you mention 'argent' that's much more
silver or slightly metallic gray, like early Capri and MGB Rostyle
wheels came.