Oops!

Subject: Oops!
From: SJC Worldwide <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:53:47 -0800
I hit that send button by mistake... Maybe the other side is trying to
tamper with my computer!!!

Anyway, as I was saying, I've had about equal response to use the ATF
and equal to use 30 weight. I just called the transmission shop who
built the tranny and they were very definite.......Use either 30 wt. or
ATF!!! I asked them if there's an advantage to either one and they said
that if I use ATF, change it more frequently, but other than that,
longevitiy of the trans and its parts would be about the same. They also
said that they recommend ATF in "world class" transmissions and 30
weight in "standard" transmissions, and since my gearing is somewhere in
between, it's up to me!!!

Since I'm still confused, I'll probably stick with the ATF that's
already in the trans and see how that works out. A couple of listers did
suggest that, in a brand new trans., 30 weight might be too thick,
causing hard shifting and higher temps. so, since there's no consensus,
I'll try ATF for now.

Steve Sage
1967 Tiger