Re: T-5 juice

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: T-5 juice
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:16:16 -0500
I see that suggestions to Mr. Sage about what to use for fluid range
widely.

Both Rob Guerra and I also read the SVT Cobra user group page, and they,
too, have differing opinions about fluid for T-5s and T-45s that are OEM
in our daily drivers.

One, there's always the Ford suggestion, Motorcraft Mercon. ATF for both
transmissions. Some owners like using Mobil One ATF. I know of one
person who recommends the GM Synchromesh Fluid.

I can't recommend using 30 weight engine oil. American Honda used to
recommend using 5/30 engine oil for Honda and Acura manual
transmissions, and they switched to their own manual fluid about 18
months ago.

Like others have said, the only reason for anyone suggesting 30 weight
oil is to quiet a noisy, questionable transmission.

Lastly, I'm not necessarily speaking for Rob. I'm just name dropping.