Re: A Dash of how-to

To: "Larry Paulick" <larry.p@erols.com>, <twojohnsons@home.com>
Subject: Re: A Dash of how-to
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 09:42:40 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Paulick" <larry.p@erols.com>
To: <twojohnsons@home.com>
Cc: <Hal436@aol.com>; <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2000 8:50 AM

> Al J, I did that, and I also made a box, and I also make a box that I
> hung the dash upside down with tacks in the back and strings so it was
> suspended, and all of this was inside the garage, whose door was not
> opened, and no air movement from anything, and I wetted the floor, and,
> and, and, annnnnnnd.
>
> Got any other suggestions?  It was realllllllllly frustrating, and 16
> coats later, I finished.  Looks great now.
>
> Larry
Larry (and anyone else considering refinishing their dash):
Al J. and myself used a product called Envirotex (sp.?). This is a 2 part
clear polyurethane. It's as thick as a milkshake when both parts are
combined. You basically pour it on, then level it with as few brush strokes
as possible. We both achieved 1/16" thick coatings with one application.
Very durable. Heat and cold, sunshine or road vibration appears to have no
effect on it, and it looks fantastic.
Paul burr