Combative and contentious thrust question.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Combative and contentious thrust question.
From: derekw@zamnet.zm
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:54:29 +0200 (ZMT)
Hi again everyone,

My crank end play is 12 thou, right on the limit. I can't get another crank
here and waiting for one from the US is not my first choice (also,
airfreight would be very expensive.) Are there any bearings with thicker
thrust surfaces? Can I build up the thrust bearing with solder or something
similar? Any suggestions? Is 12 thou end play fine?

Thanks, derek

Derek White
Managing Director
Zikomo Brewing Company
Box 31730, Lusaka, Zambia
Tel:260 1 286580/85
Cell: 260 1 702694
Fax: 260 1 238020

Brewing, beverage and food processing plants,
sanitary and aircraft welding and fabrication.