silicone or not to silicone

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: silicone or not to silicone
From: "Rose, Mark G" <mrose@ou.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:11:54 -0600
I just had my brake servo unit rebuilt(thanks to Ed Esslinger for the
piston) and the brake man said DO NOT put Silicone in the lines because it
is too good and will slip past the seals and leak. He suggested a DOT 4
fluid.

I figure I can talk with ten different brake people and half will say one
thing while the other five are still wondering what a Sunbeam Tiger is.

What is the experience out there with either of these fluids?

Almost ready to drive it for the first time,
Mark

Mark Rose
Team Quest Learning Services
www.OUropes.ou.edu