Go Silicone!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <tiger-owners@autox.team.net>
Subject: Go Silicone!
From: "Ray McCrary" <spook01@home.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 20:09:10 -0600
Ref silicone brake fluid:
I noticed that someone had posted a study on why GM doesn't use silicone in
its ABS SYSTEMS......well, I don't use the darn stuff in my Tigers' ABS,
either.
AND there is a VERY interesting article on the web that discusses why Boeing
doesn't use it in aircraft braking systems, either.  By George! If I ever
put aircraft brakes on MY car, I darn sure will NEVER use that silicone
stuff.  I bet the B-2 doesn't use it either!
On the other hand, the above is unlikely since my cars (plural, multi-make)
have had silicone in their stock braking systems for YEARS without a
problem; I guess I can give up worrying about it!!
Best,
Ray McCrary
"Speed is Life;
of course Luck and Altitude