Re: Tight squeeze, Need parts

To: derekw@zamnet.zm
Subject: Re: Tight squeeze, Need parts
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 13:31:30 -0800
derekw@zamnet.zm wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It seems my new Edelbrock Performer 289 manifold is too high, anyone have a
> spare low rise manifold (F4B etc.) I also need the shorter water pump (with
> pulley) and short crank pulley.
>
> Thinking of lowering and moving the engine back a little-- anyone done this?
> Thanks
>
> cheers, derek

Derek,

Something is DRASTICALLY wrong here. Unless you made a Typo, the Performer 289
IS a low rise manifold, and should cause no more problems than a stock 2
barrel.  The Performer RPM, however, is a high rise manifold.  BUT, the RPM and
the F4B are nearly identical in height.  Don't know what carburetor you are
using, but if it's a standard Holley or Edelbrock, there should be no hood
height clearance issues with the STOCK air cleaner. Ford 4 barrels are a little
higher.

If you've gotten into an after market air cleaner, there could be no end of
clearance issues.

Yes, you can lower the engine, a little, by removing the spacer washers between
the motor mount and the block.  Beware, however, as this lowers the fan towards
the rack, and could result in the fan striking the steering rack.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp

                            _/
                     _/_/_/