RE: hard tops - more

To: "'Scott Donnelly'" <oharajem@free.midcoast.com>,
Subject: RE: hard tops - more
From: "Smit, Theo" <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:48:41 -0800
I don't have a clue whether your fiberglass hard top has the same window as
the steel one, but why safety glass? If you use a windshield then it's
laminated safety glass, not tempered glass (quite different) that normal
side/rear windows are made from. Why not use Lexan? It's pretty much
bombproof, doesn't get affected by UV, doesn't shatter like Plexi, etc. etc.
etc. There's a hard-coated version available (about 3x the cost) that will
stand up to paper towels too.

Theo