RE: 18 PSI grenade

To: "Ray McCrary" <spook01@home.com>, <tiger.owners@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: 18 PSI grenade
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:35:53 -0800
Ray,

Could it be someone's confused between 18" of Hg and 18 psig? 18" of Hg
would be about 9 psig, which is pretty normal for a street turbo I think.

BTW, the company that converts the Miatas is Monster Motors here in the San
Diego area. I visited them once and took a tour of their facility. The owner
challenged me to a drag race. I didn't lose, but it was close. He was
running a HO 5.0L, no boost. I have also run with a couple Monster Miatas at
Willow Springs. They were very tough to catch there too.

Bob