Re: Ziebart is THE thing!

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ziebart is THE thing!
From: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 20:02:53 -0500
I am near Boston.  I had Ziebart on my '73 German Capri, which I owned
from new through 1980.  The only places that rusted were the places that
they missed.

I had TuffCoat Dynol (sp?) on my '80 Jetta, which I owned through 1990.
Again, the only places that rusted were the spots they missed.

Both of these products stayed rather flexible and sort of sticky for the
duration of my ownership.

Another story.  A local Sunbeam owner used to brew up his own
rustproofing  juice, a cocktail of everything oily from some sort of
clear rustproofing, to non-aerosol WD-40, to "3 in 1", to Marvel Mystery
Oil. He had a wand tool to squirt it into every nook and cranny.  Then
for the next year or so he could see traces of it oozing out of seams,
from under emblems, etc.  But he had no significnat inside rust
problems.

Stu