Perfect Tubing Flare

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Perfect Tubing Flare
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 19:21:37 -0500
Folks,
        Just tried my new #345 RIDGID double flare
tool.  Used the same old used brake lines that I
had been completely unsuccessful flaring with the
"Performance Tool".  The RIDGID tool did NOT allow
the tubing to slip and its construction alignes the
tool properly with the tubing. The double flare
appears to be as good as any factory produced flare.
The clamped area of the tube was also smooth when I was
done. Finally a tool that works!

        I was hoping that the first stage of the
double flare would be OK to use as a bubble flare,
however, I do not think so now.  I will buy the
tubing (locally) with the  bubble flare and
convert one end, or both as needed, to the double flare.

        I did try a single flare with the brake line.
The line split at it's seam, so the double flare is
necessary for this type of 3/16" brake line.

        The RIDGID tool was list priced at $47.75 with tax.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others