FW: Dual Brake Master Cylinder Conversion-Long Technical Reason

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Dual Brake Master Cylinder Conversion-Long Technical Reason
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 20:37:51 -0800
Jim,

Thanks for the explanation. I already suspected this must be the way it
works since it was the only way I could figure it wouldn't need twice the
pedal force. Also, I didn't see a way for two independent master cylinders
to stay properly balanced if they were in line as opposed, for example, to
two side-by-side with a proportioning bar like the racers like to use. I'm
glad I didn't need to learn any new physics, just some modern brake
engineering.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain this to me. Also, glad to hear
you solved the backfire problem so easily. At least you solved it a bunch
quicker than it took me to find the bad spark coil that was giving me fits.

Best regards,