Re: It Works!

To: rootes@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: It Works!
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:42:47 EST
Perhaps I did things wrong, but I don't understand
all the problems you have with the Tiger throttle cable.
I put a new Holley 1850 on my F4B after giving up
rebuilding the 16 year one.  All I had to do was
enlarge one of the predrilled holes on the Holley's
linkage plate to make the Tigers cable fit.  The stock
hole wouldn't allow the throttle to close.  Now the
single original spring easily snaps the carb plate
closed and when floored, the gas cable opens the
carb wide open.  What did I do wrong to miss out
in all the fun you guys are having?  I like the soft
original spring as the stronger or double springs
make it hard on the leg when driving for long periods.
If I'm autocrossing or such, I simply add an extra
spring and then take it off when driving home.

Dave Johnson, B382002668, Aurora, IL