Gas Tank Help

To: tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas Tank Help
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:38:12 -0800 (PST)
My Gas tanks have re-rerusted and are becoming flakey
on the inside.  The PO used tank sealer, but apprently
did unrust the insides enough first.  Now I need to
reseal.  How do I remove the fuel level assembly.  I
turned the first "keeper ring", the part remaining in
the hole with the electrical connection doesn't appear
to move.  Is it threaded in there?  I fear that PO may
have become DPO and sealed it in place!

Chris

(2 hours per night until I get this thing back together)