Tiger for sale

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger for sale
From: "The Charltons" <charlton@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:12:37 -0600
I've decided to put up my 1965 Mk 1a for sale.  It's in excellent running
condition and is reasonably original in appearance except for the R134a
under-dash A/C system, Performer 289 manifold, Edelbrock 600 cfm carb,
aluminum air cleaner (shaped like original), and roll bar.  The dash has
been covered in vinyl like the earliest Tigers.  I bought a couple of years
ago with a rebuilt Fairlane 289 (looks exactly like the 260) that has a high
lift cam and large valves and a Mallory Unilite electronic ignition
distributor.  Judging by the PO's 1/4 mile times, it puts out about 200 hp
at the rear wheels, which I estimate to be 260-270 at the flywheel.  A
Performer RPM manifold and headers ought to take better advantage of the cam
and valves.  It has the original HEH-E trans and a 3.07:1 LSD axle.  Both
tops are in excellent condition.  I have the original steel hood to go with
the LAT fiberglass one that's installed now, and the original rocker covers
(LAT aluminum "Tiger" ones are installed).  Paint (original Forest Green) is
good but not in the 100-point show category.  Carpet and upholstery is like
new.  There is a stereo installed where the glove cubbyhole belongs.
Minilite wheels are practically new.  The radiator has had enough work to
where it has never overheated on me in Texas, and that includes summer city
traffic while using the a/c. Suspension is good, with new Dale's springs
front (450#) and rear, and Spax adjustable shocks too.  All trim is
excellent and nothing seems to be missing from the car.  This one could be a
daily driver if one wanted.  It's very dependable and drivable.  Everything
works.  It's time to sell it because I've got too many hobbies and one has
to go!  It's located in central Texas near Austin.  I'm asking $19,500.

Pictures are visible at:

Duncan Charlton
charlton@flash.net
512/272-5086