Wheels 'n Tires

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheels 'n Tires
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:53:01 -0800
Howdy all,
now that I am relocated in the wild and wooly city of Pahrump, Nevada, where
the sun shines a lot, that I will be driving my kitty a bit more. But I need
advice on getting some new rubber. My car has bee started and driven on a
yearly basis but he BF Goodrich tires are 29 years old. How's that for old
rubber! I want to upgrade to a larger wheel also, say 15 or 16 inch in the
process. I know a lot of you have brought your cars into the 21 century so
what do I need? Anybody have any recommendations as to brands, sizes,
experiences?

Oh, the world's fastest Sunbeam is still coming along! Although this past year
has seen little progress because of the need to put 2 knot heads into college
and move at the same time, I've not done much. But the rear suspension is
virtually complete, HAd to use a diagonal link for lateral stability rether
than the supplied panhard (not enough room). Radiator system is finished,
turbo exhaust pipes complete, shifter system finished... WOnt make it to
B'ville to run but will be there to help crew on several cars this summer.

Anxiously awaiting info on tires and wheels...

mayf (aka drmayf)