Re: POR-15, disappointed, whats your experience?

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Re: POR-15, disappointed, whats your experience?
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 08:18:22 -0500
Tom, POR-15 is dependent on humidity to dry.  Give it time, or park it
overnight near the ocean.  Just kidding.

I also used the semi gloss about 2 years ago, when it first came out.  I
got a mottled effect, ie it was semi gloss, and then a matte like
finish.  I called my supplier, and he said that they were having trouble
with getting a consistent finish.

He sent me a quart of their new top coat, which can be applied over
POR-15 after it dries. It is the only thing I know of that will stick to
it after it dries.  I worked and the paint is a consistence color.

BTW, my dealer sent the top coat at no charge, and apologized for the
inconvenience.  Each dealer is an independent sales person, so go back
to them, and if no luck, try the manufacturer, in writing.

BTW, I use POR-15 on garden tools, and some of my shop tools that get a
lot of abuse, and don't have to worry about rust anymore.  They look
much better also.

If you have any left, keep it in the refrigerator, and it will prolong
its shelf life.

Good Luck

Larry