Re: Flying Fuel Tanks

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Flying Fuel Tanks
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:48:53 -0500
At 02:13 PM 3/27/2001 EST, you wrote:
...snip
>Just like having the fuel tank pipes running
>between the rear bumper braces.  I also
>tell people the muffled whump followed by
>flames is your rear end collision indicator.
>By Jove, I believe we've been hit in the rear.
>
>Actually, that designed must be safer than
>you would think.  I have not heard of many
>Tiger suffering gas tank fires.  Wally Swift's
>MK IA took a 80+ mph hit in the rear,
>knocking the car five feet into the air and
>and off the road.  No gas leakage!!
>
>Dave Johnson

Dave,
        That is the reason I now have a custom make
Fuel Safe 22 gallon fuel cell in the trunk.  The
cross over pipes stand in the corner of my garage.
FIA and NASCAR approved tank including roll over
check valves in filler and vent.  Had a write up with
pictures that I sent to Steve, but never saw them on
his site.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others