Re: [Fwd: Don Adams Title]

To: Dick Barker <dickbarker@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Don Adams Title]
From: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 00:08:01 -0800
> Scan you title, post it, whatever.  Sorry, but I don't think you ever owned
> the Get Smart Tiger.
>
> Dick

Dick:

To clarify, the car was definitely a 1A.  The guy who sold the car to me did
not claim it was a car ever owned by the
production company, that it was the "Get Smart Tiger", that it was a TV show
car (those were MK1s), or had that lineage at
all. What he presented to me about the car was that the Get Smart production
company, in 1966, bought Don a brand new Tiger
as a way of extra thanks to him for the success of Get Smart, knowing that he
had come to like Tigers, and this is the car
that ended up in his ownership and that was eventually sold to me. My ex-Tiger
was never owned, or leased, by the
production company, according to the seller, but was bought new, titled to Don
at time of sale, and given to Don as a gift.
As to the address on Wilshire Blvd., the 9700 block of Wilshire, which I drive
by frequently, is strictly a business
district and I would bet that the address was of his agent, business manager or
the like. This story was verified to me by
the lady I met when I owned the car who said she had worked for the production
company, identified the car, remembered the
silver and gold American mag wheels they had bought to spiff up the car, and a
couple of other quirks that this particular
car had.

Steve Sage