Re: spring 2001 fund raiser

To: wittsend@jps.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spring 2001 fund raiser
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:07:55 EDT
<<I'm not against helping out, but want to know if its on the up and up
before doing so.>>

Tom,

Yep, it's on the up and up.

Mark Bradakis, aka MJB, started this little list-server thing quite some time
ago, using his office computer and support services at the university where
he worked.  As the number of lists he supported and the number of
subscribers--and traffic--increased, it started overloading his machine.

His first request help came maybe five or six years ago when he took up a
collection to buy a bigger disk drive for it.  Then a couple of years after
that, he did it again to buy a dedicated computer.

Now it looks like he has moved the whole shebang off the university system
and is doing it himself.

I helped with the disk-drive purchase, and I "took an equity position" in the
new computer too.  So, to make sure my prior investments reap the intended
return, I'll ante up a bit more now too.

If you don't believe he's handling A LOT of traffic, just send a "lists"
command to majordomo and have a look at all the lists he hosts.  Then sign up
for the autox or british-cars list for a couple of days.

Ramon