Re: Poltergeist Tach

To: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Subject: Re: Poltergeist Tach
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:40:06 -0400
Rob, why not rebuild it.  There are 2 capacitors, and 2 transistors that should
be replaced.  The capacitor is generally the culprit, and you can often times
see the crack in this part.

It is cheap insurance, and takes about 2 hours total time to do, including
R&R.  I have done 6 for myself and friends, and its no big deal.  Go to the
United site or STOA, where there is an excellent article on the issue.

I went with adding a separate wire to eliminate the white wire pickup, and this
is also covered in an article.

Larry