It's Hot In Here

Subject: It's Hot In Here
From: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 23:05:19 -0700
Thanks for the suggestions on checking my stiff steering, all of which
I'll try/check out to the limit of my limited abilities.

Here's another one. I have the stock MK1A heater valve and heater set
up. Of course, even with the valve closed, a bit of hot air still comes
through the heat exit on top of the trans tunnel. I do need the heater
sometimes so I've bought an auxillary, manually controlled on/off water
valve I got from a plumbing store. I intend to splice it into the heater
water line to completely stop water to the heater core when I don't want
it. The question is, which heater hose do I install it in. It seems like
it should go into the hose between the stock heater valve and the heater
core. Is this correct? I'm going to do this tommorw as I have the
coolant drained anyway since I had to get the header tank re-welded
(leaked at both ends).

By the way, with my coolant out, I took out my Gano radiator filter to
clean it. These things work. The last time I cleaned it was about 6
months ago and this time it was about 70% plugged with little rocks and
other debris that were stopped at the Gano filter and didn't end up at
the bottom of the radiator, clogging things up.

Steve Sage
MK1A