Gasoline Prices

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gasoline Prices
From: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:09:22 -0400
Tigers,
I don't usually do this, but am so irate regarding the price of
gasoline, I thought you ight be too, and thereore interested in the
following:

As of 4/18/01 gas is $1.77 for low grade.

Gasoline Prices This makes more sense than the don't buy gas
on a certain day routine that was going around last year's high Gasoline
prices.
Whoever started this has a good point.  By now, you're probably
thinking gasoline priced at about $1.49 is cheap.  Me too, as it is now
$1.58 for regular unleaded!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have
conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at
less than $1.50, we need to try an aggressive response.  With the price
of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take ACTION!

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is
if we don't buy it.  But, (as the gas companies know full well, and are
counting on), that's not really a practical option since we all have
come to rely on our cars (and w elike to play with our toys!) .  But we
CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act
together. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, don't purchase
gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), namely
EXXON and MOBIL.

You see, if they are not selling, they should be inclined,
(i.e.,"forced"),to reduce their prices.  And, because of their size, and
hence market share,f they reduce their prices the other companies will
too. (They would HAVE no choice!).  Isn't that a "juicy" prospect?  But
to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of users.  But
it's doable! I am sending this note to 15 people.  If each of you send
it to at least 10 more ...and those 10 send it to at least 10 more and
so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth iteration, we will have
reached over one million consumers.

Acting together we can make a difference.  If this makes sense
to you, please pass this message on, or one you compose, to at least
10 more E-mail addresses.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW $1.28 -$1.29 AND
KEEP THEM DOWN.  THIS CAN REALLY WORK!