Need Axle Shims

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need Axle Shims
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:26:17 -0700
Can anyone point me to a known source for the axle shims (those that go
between the axle bearing nub and the brake backing plate) needed to set the
endplay in the rear axle. I tied the Jeep dealer with  the late 60's
Wagoneer application but their books only go back to the late 70's. Larry
recommended going to the Caterpillar nearest me (NOT) and seeing if they
would make some, but that is not feasable. I had zero endplay when I pulled
the rearend apart and would also prefer to "work my way in" so I don't have
to bang the bearings back out if I go to far. Looking for say --- three .003
and two .005. Thanks if you Can help. By the way I'm in Thousand Oaks, Ca.
if anyone knows a source local to me. Tom Witt B9470101