Halogen bulbs

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Halogen bulbs
From: Hal436@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:06:33 EDT
Hi  !!  A number of months ago I sent an E Mail to the list asking for advice
as to replacing the incandescent bulbs with halogen bulbs available for Jeff
Zorn's  little British Car Company.  As expected, I received  the usual
extraordinary  number of replies advising, cautioning and suggesting possible
problems and pitfalls to watch out for.

I called Jeff Zorn and went over the cautions that I had received.  He told
me that he has used these bulbs in his cars (LBC's) for a number of years and
had experienced no problems at all. He suggested 10W bulbs in the tachometer
and speedometer and 5W bulbs in the remaining gauges.  Several nights ago, I
installed a 5W bulb in my tachometer and the other 5W bulb in the gas gauge.
The results were dramatic !!
I now have what I consider exactly the correct amount of light on my
dashboard.  I have already ordered 5W bulbs for the remaining gauges
including the speedometer.  For my purposes, the 5W bulb seems more than
adequate.

When I placed my order for the remaining bulbs, I mentioned my experience to
Jeff and he stated again that I would have no trouble at all.   I expect to
receive the remaining 4 bulbs tomorrow and will install them.  I will be sure
to send an E Mail to the list right away if I experience any difficulty.
Otherwise, I will wait for a couple of weeks, hopefully to say that nothing
untoward has occurred.

Hal Jean

BTW  The bulbs are a bit pricey, but from my standpoint,  well worth the
effort of simply replacing a bulb.