RE:Traction Bar?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Traction Bar?
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 12:01:11 -0700
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. When I pulled the parts off
I notched them (I) for Driver side and (II) for passenger side. Since there
is a slightly raised pad on one half of the front to back section I opted to
place that towards the rear thinking it might interfere with the bar in an
extreme position. These issues factored in effectively put the clipped
corner to the outside front.
 Steve, thanks for the bolt advice. The factory bolts are a bit wimpy. A few
years ago I bought some U-bolts at a yard sale (for no perticular reason)
for $2. The spacing of those thicker bolts is identical to the Tiger. The
length leaves about 3/8" of thread showing after being tightened. I had to
drill out the plate as the hole was smaller than the rear traction bar mount
which was perfect (by the way, lacking a "standard" bit in the needed size I
was able to "mill" the hole larger with a correct size concrete bit). Wish I
could tell any Pick-A-Part hounds what they came off of as the fit is great,
but it is a mystery to me. Tom Witt B9470101