STOA Marina Auto-X ---NOT!

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: STOA Marina Auto-X ---NOT!
From: Packertl3@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 17:12:50 EDT
To all who attended the auto-x, my best wishes. After looking forward to this
day for months and enjoying a 100+ mile drive up the coast, I found that
Highway 1 was closed just north of Point Sur for the Big Sur Marathon! I was
told the marathon continued up Highway 1 all the way to Rio Road in Carmel.
Since neither an alternate route nor waiting behind the runners would get me
to Marina in time, I did a 180 and enjoyed the 100+ mile drive back home
again (as I had planned, only sooner). Wish I could have made it all the way
to Marina but will have to settle for reading about it in the next TIGER
TRACKS. Hope everybody had a great (or at least quick) time!
Terry Packer