RE: Faulty rocker panel welds

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Faulty rocker panel welds
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:26:28 -0700
Thanks John for the tip. My chassis #B9470101 was found to have the lower
section of the (so called) frame rails where they arc over the rear axle
with very questionable welds. This may have been in part due to the fact
that the Panhard rod was torn loose on the passenger side, but that does not
explain the (though better) still somewhat questionable Drivers side welds.
I have a bit of sill/rocker work to do so (hopefully) my limited welding
skills will still be better than that of some hungover - ready to go on
strike factory worker. Tom Witt