Reasonable Prices?

Subject: Reasonable Prices?
From: "Malcolm McDonald Jr" <mac_jr@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:01:38 -0400
Tiger List,

I did a little online research and this is what the online guides are
saying:

HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
SUNBEAM TIGERS
                        Fair            Good                    Excellent
1965 Tiger      *               $ 14,500.00     *
1966 Tiger      *               $ 14,400.00     *
1967 Tiger      *               $ 14,300.00     *
1967 Tiger II           *               $ 18,000.00     *
http://www.hemmings.com/hemmings/searches/prices/priceresults.cfm

----

eBay Auctions
SUNBEAM TIGERS
Officially authenticated Tiger (TAC #310) in great condition.
Daily Driver and HOT ROD! (not a show car).
Original colour code:86(BRG), current colour: white.
JAL no.662149
500 miles on freshened original engine (no.7325B19KC)
4.3L 260 cu.in. Ford V/8
SOLD: $13,100.00
Date: Apr-30-01 21:54:34 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=582020589&;
r=0&t=0

----

Barret Jackson Auction
SUNBEAM TIGERS
1964  SUNBEAM TIGER LE MANS GT COUPE HIGH BID  96,000
1965  SUNBEAM TIGER ROADSTER SOLD  28,500
1965  SUNBEAM TIGER CONVERTIBLE HIGH BID  11,000
1965  SUNBEAM TIGER ROADSTER SOLD  15,000
1966  SUNBEAM TIGER ROADSTER HIGH BID  15,000
1966  SUNBEAM TIGER ROADSTER SOLD  17,100
1966  SUNBEAM TIGER  SOLD  15,700
1966  SUNBEAM TIGER CONVERTIBLE HIGH BID  17,000
1966  SUNBEAM TIGER  SOLD  13,500
1967  SUNBEAM TIGER ROADSTER SOLD  15,500
1967  SUNBEAM TIGER CONV   0
http://www.barrettjackson.com/auctionresults/common/collector.asp

----

When it gets down to price it's hard to put a value on a passion. I
personally have a hard time convincing myself and others that my tiger is an
investment. I keep it classified as a hobby and if someday I have to sell it
I will not be disappointed by price knowing all of the fun I had restoring
it.

Malcolm