Re: Tiger II Speedometer Cable

To: "W_Pierzga" <W_Pierzga@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger II Speedometer Cable
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 02:36:37 -0400
At 08:21 PM 5/16/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi:
>
>I am in the final throws of reassembling my Mk II and have run into a snag
>with the speedometer cable assembly. The fitting that centers the cable into
>the transmission goes into place with a rather loose fit. It is held in
>place by a retainer that bolts to the transmission.
>
>The assembly does not appear to be a good oil seal and I am worried that as
>soon as I fill the transmission with oil I am going to have a big mess on
>the floor.
>
>The original cable was in pieces so I had the cable rebuilt. I am not sure
>that I have all the pieces and that may explain why the fit is loose.....
>
>I would appreciate advice on configuration of the speedometer cable and how
>it fits to the transmission.
>
>In fact I would appreciate locating a complete replacement cable assembly.
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Wayne
        There should be a rubber "O" ring in the slot of  the steel cylinder
just in front of the lip of the cylinder.  The O ring  seals the
oil in.  A 1/4" course thread bolt holds the clamp that keeps the cylinder in.

         The speedometer cable is a Ford item.  Unfortunally I do not have the
part number.  I got one through a local parts store and I believe they simply
measured the length of the cable housing and came up with the proper Ford
part number.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others