Gauge Homework Assignment

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gauge Homework Assignment
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:16:18 -0400
I have a homework assignment for any electrically oriented folks out there.  I
would like you to take a reasonably accurate ohmmeter and read the impedance
of your fuel and temperature gauges.  Just pull one lead off and read the
impedance between the two terminals.  I read numbers around 60 Ohms on mine.

I think I read somewhere that earlier Alpines had a different gauge setup, but
all Tigers and later Alpines (S3 and later?) were the same.

What is "reasonably accurate"?  A $9.95 pocket tester with one ohms scale is
probably not what we're looking for.  One of the hand held digital DMMs like a
Fluke or HP/Agilent (or cheaper clones), would be perfect.  An analog meter
with multiple ohms scales, where your reading is somewhere mid scale, would
also be fine (Any old Simpson 260's out there?).

We are trying to gather a bunch of gauge/sender related info for an article
for the Tigers United site.

Stu Brennan