Exhaust Gaskets Needed

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust Gaskets Needed
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@scs.agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:13:45 -0700 (PDT)
I'm looking for some exhaust system gaskets.  I only need the ones for
the two ends of the collectors, not the ones between the heads and the
exhaust manifolds.  My snake has the early Tri-Y setup which consist of
two per side dual port cast iron exhaust manifolds and 1 1/2" diameter
collector pipes with two inlets (one for each of the manifold outlets)
and single outlets at the muffler ends.  The gaskets at the upper ends
of the collectors have 3 holes in a triangular pattern with a diameter
at the holes of 2 1/2", as nearly as I can determine.  The direct
distance between holes is 2 3/16".  The gaskets at the muffler interface
ends are diamond shaped, more or less, with a hole-to-hole distance of 3
1/2".

These seem to be oddball sizes that none of the "usual" suppliers
carry.  I'm hoping this exhaust setup or something like it was used on
Tigers and that perhaps some of the Tiger parts suppliers stock them.
I've checked a couple of on-line catalogs, but none go into enough
detail to tell whether or not what's listed is what I need.

I do have exhaust gasket material I could make some from, but I'd prefer
ready made if they are available.

Thanks,

Roland