Tiger Transmission Removal

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger Transmission Removal
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 22:10:30 -0700
As many of you know I am removing the undercoat, paint, rust etc. from the
belly of my Tiger to POR-15 the surface. Having completed the rear, the
front is up in the air and I now have a dilema. Do I work around the trans.
and finish that area when I have a real need to pull it, or can it be
removed without TOO much difficulty? The driveshaft and trans mount are
already out. I know the shifter needs to be pulled. I guess to get to the
point can the trans come out without having to tilt or move the engine and
all of the "other" removal of items that might necessitate (fan, radiator
etc.)? Thanks for any input. Tom Witt