Return to Your Rootes

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>, <hillman@can-inc.com>
Subject: Return to Your Rootes
From: "Jim D'Amelio" <jimdamelio@home.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:25:34 -0400
The much anticipated Sunbeam Invasion is over and what an event it was.
Thanks go out to Ian, his family and all the organizers of this event.  Seeing
Steve's race car was a high point, it is an amazing car.  Steve has a
fascinating story that he tells about it's rediscovery.  He must be commended
for realizing what this old Alpine was and for his enthusiasm and hard work in
researching it's history.  The marque is richer to have this car back in the
public eye.

Now, on to the subject of this e-mail.  The next greatly anticipated Rootes
event, I hope will be the Return to Your Rootes event in Luray, Va. on
September 13-16.  The purpose of this event is to attract all Rootes vehicles,
not just the regular mix of Alpines and Tigers.  We're counting on all you
Hillman and Talbot owners to help support this event.  Even if you have to
trailer that restoration project, bring it for people to see.  Let's make this
a true Return to Your Rootes.

The hospitality suite opens Thursday evening the 13th for early arrivals.
Fridays events will include a tour of W.W. Motor Cars & Parts Inc., a
restoration shop in Broadway, Va. www.wwmotorcars.com. Then a trip to Cooter's
of the Dukes of Hazzard fame in Sperryville, Va.
www.cootersdukesofhazzard.com.  Dinner will be at a local restaurant and of
course the parts room and hospitality room will be open at times though-out
the day and night.

Saturday will be the popular vote concours at Luray Caverns with a tour of the
Caverns and a trip through the car museum included in your registration fee.
Saturday evening will be the banquet and awards ceremony at the hotel.  The
parts room and hospitality room will be open at specific times.

Sunday we'll head out early to White Post Restorations, the company known for
their brake cylinder sleeving.  They also do top quality frame up
restorations. www.whitepost.com.  The hospitality suite may stay open all
Sunday evening for people leaving on Monday.

Our home base will be the Quality Inn in New Market, Va where the room rates
are $65 per night.  We've reserved a block of 40 rooms, so make your
reservations early.

Please visit www.sunbeamtiger.net. for more information.  There you will find
an on-line registration form where you can pay your registration fee with a
credit card through Paypal.  Hotel information, a printable registration form
and the T-shirt design (which can be ordered without attending the event) can
also be found there.  Or you can contact Jim D'Amelio 757-826-1031
jimdamelio@home.com or Russ Eshelman 540-872-3684 RussE@firstva.com.

Hope to see ya'll there!