Hello

Subject: Hello
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:52:01 -0700
Hi all:
I'm the new owner of B9472948.  For those of you in San Diego, it's
George Nicoloff's car with the 302, 4bbl, automatic and Jaguar IRS.

Fryda was a little vague on some of the car's history and George didn't
leave much in the way of records, so if any of you know WHAT Jaguar the
IRS is out of or have any information on the period alloys that have JAP
stamped on them, I'd really appreciate the help.
I know that George autocrossed the car, but if any of you could tell me
how well it did (or didn't) I'd appreciate that too.

I'd like to say that I've enjoyed owning the car so far, but the
euphoria of owning a Tiger has been tempered by a throttle that tended
to stick unexpectedly and inconsistantly.  Smitty and I got it sorted
out today, and while I enjoyed the drive afterward, I spent some time
worrying about whether the engine was cooking itself (temp gauge
non-functional).  There's lots of items like that to sort out, but I'm
looking forward to travelling some of the back roads that I used to take
our Alpine on!

It's odd--I've never "named" any of my cars before, but George's choice
of license plate made that easy: "Tiguar".

Regards

David Sosna
65 S4 GT V6
66 Tiguar