Tank Boiling Sealing

To: tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Tank Boiling Sealing
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:37:53 -0700 (PDT)
To follow up on the recent tank thread,
The PO "gooped" the inside of the tanks on my car but
it was starting to come off in hunks and looked like
there was surface rust under the goop.  I had the
tanks boiled out and sealed by the local radiator shop
for $90.  Some of the white goop did not come out.
They used some red sticky stuff inside to seal the
tanks and some "tar" on the outside.  Well the bozos
didn't do something right and I could see surface rust
coming through the tar.  I just finished cleaning off
the tar with gas and cleaning off the rust with
Oxysolv (phosphoric acid).  I hope the inside is
better than the outside.  I am going to prime and
paint htem tomorrow with some spray bombs.  Any
recommendations on the paint?

Chris
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/