Re: Phhhhhhhht!!!

To: "SJC Worldwide" <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Phhhhhhhht!!!
From: "Shaun Laughy" <shaunl@home.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 07:21:41 -0700
Steve,

I hope that Petronix can sort this out for you.  If not, I can certainly
confirm the effectiveness of the MSD alternative.  My car runs an MSD Billet
Distributor and an MSD 6AL (from memory) module that is mounted in the front
of the passenger footwell.  I assume that the PO did this either to minimize
the heat exposure as you suggest or, possibly, just to avoid making more
mods to the engine compartment.  I have a picture showing the install (not a
real close-up) if you are interested.

Starting is excellent with this unit.  Literally a quick turn of the key
when warm and the car runs great
throughout the rev range.  When diagnosing my recent fuel pressure problem,
I was testing for spark and got a jolt over an impossible gap so I can
definitely attest to the strength of the spark!!!

Good luck!
Shaun