Re: Red Dash Warning Light Body

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Red Dash Warning Light Body
From: "Larry Wright" <LWright@impactofficepro.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:00:50 -0400
Shaun Laughy wrote:
>Subject: Red Dash Warning Light Body
>As these are no longer available, has anyone
>tried to refinish the red area of this dash warning
>light?  On my car, the chrome body of the light
>is fine, but the red portion is very faded.  I would
>like to refinish it and am wondering if anyone
>knows of a paint or other substance that could be used.

I'm down to the last few drops of the bottle of bulb dye I bought back
in the mid 1970's, and I'm not even sure I can get the bottle open now;
I asked the same question here a few years ago, and don't recall getting
a solution. Subsequently, I have read somewhere that the dyes (bottle?
spray?) sometimes used in stained glass lampshades, and available in
craft stores, are transparent tints and useabble in automotive lamp
applications, or at least the low-heat (comparatively) environment to be
found in dashboards.

Larry Wright
"I can't get no -- Satis-traction"