landing a double axle

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: landing a double axle
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:59:58 -0700
Thanks to all who sent advice on getting a hub off an axle.  We really did try
everything from the shop hub puller (with heat and hammer shots), to a press,
to burning incense and praying for divine intervention.  We eventually took
the axle w/hub to Driveline Services who gave us back two discreet pieces of
trash.  I was not thinking (late at night) about the backing plate, etc.,
which several people pointed out would have to come with an unseparated hub
and axle. But the idea still stands.  I need at least an axle.........if the
hub I bought does turn not out to be usable, the easiest and fastest (a real
consideration at this point) thing would be to buy the whole thing, hub, axle,
etc.  Any parts or combintions would be gladly considered at this point.
Anybody out there ??  Help, help !!

                       Chris Hill