Fuel Filter Autopsy

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Filter Autopsy
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 17:53:59 -0400
I replaced my Pre-Fuel Pump in line filter a couple weeks back, and the
old one finally dried out enough that I dared to take my angle grinder
to it today.  It had been in the car for about 3-4000 miles.

Well, the filter worked well.  Along with some grit type stuff - just
the thing to do wonders for your jets -  there was also some of the
dreaded black paint flakes, from the tanks.

I've never had any problems with anything clogging, but clearly I could
have.    Even with this crud in it, the filter was allowing enough flow
to keep my stock two barrel happy.  So I guess I know what one of my
upcoming projects is going to be.

Stu Brennan